After Care Instructions for Chemical Services
We understand that after your new perm or color you are focused on how great you look and not so much on what info we are telling
you about keeping your new look at its best. As stylists we have grown accustom to receiving a phone call the next day asking "when
can I shampoo my hair again?", or "what did you say about getting into our hot tub?" We never mind the calls, for your ease we have
supplied a place one could just look up that information when needed. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to phone the
So here it is with out further ado, after care instructions for chemical services.
Post perm care
Wait 48-72 hours before shampooing your hair. You may wet your hair with a spray bottle, or
scrunch with water. After the waiting times are up you may shampoo regularly for your hair type
(remember to think of your hair as curly and chemically treated).
Do not stand under a shower head for 48 hours. This will weigh down the crown area of your hair
and pull the curl out or relax the curl.
Avoid getting into a swimming pool or hot tub for 7 days. Chemicals in pools, hot tubs will change
the chemical structure in your hair, even if you do not plan on getting your hair wet the heated water
evaporates and the condensation contains chemicals that will go absorb into your hair shaft.
Do not brush or pull hair for 24-48 hours. Use a wide tooth comb or pick to untangle your hair.
Do not use a flat iron, curling iron or blow dryer for 48 hours. The heat will open up the cuticle and
relax your curl. Use a towel scrunching method to dry your locks.
Avoid coloring your hair for 3 to 7 days.
Instructions for maintaining your perm.
- Use a pick or wide tooth comb when hair is wet to untangle hair.
- The more you brush or run your fingers through your hair the bigger your hair will become. When
you brush or run your finger through your hair you separate the curl and will create big, fluffy hair.
- Use a texture spray or curl fixative to keep curl tight and defined. I would recommend End Doctor or
Liquid Rollers by EVO.
- Always condition hair. Curly hair tends to be more dry because the serum does not flow down the
hair shaft as quickly and chemically treated hair tends to become dry, using a professional
conditioner is very important. To keep your curls from becoming dry and frizzy I recommend a leave
in conditioner, too. I would recommend End Doctor by EVO for a leave in.
After care instructions for chemical straightening of your hair.
- Wait 72 hours before shampooing your hair. Do not wet your hair for at least 48 hours. After the waiting times are up you may
shampoo regularly for your hair type. (think of your hair as chemically treated)
- Avoid getting into a swimming pool or hot tub for 7 days. Chemicals in pools hot tubs will change the chemical structure in your
hair, even if you do not plan on getting your hair wet the heated water evaporates and the condensation has chemicals in it that
will go into your hair shaft
- Avoid coloring your hair for 2-4 weeks. Check with stylist before using a lightening powder on hair, and tell a stylist you have
chemically straitened or relaxed your hair before lightening or coloring your hair.
- You may flat iron your hair after a chemically straightening service the same day.
Instructions for maintaining your chemically straightened hair.
- Use smoothing lotion or oil after every shampoo (at least, if not daily or multiple times a day). I recommend Easy Tiger, and
Love Perpetual by EVO.
- Always condition hair, preferably with a smoothing conditioner. I recommend Happy Campers, The Therapist, or Ritual
Salvation by EVO
- Use a boar bristle or natural bristle paddle brush, to distribute scalp oil through the hair and keep hair smooth and de frizzed.
After Care Instructions for Smoothing Treatment
These instructions are for after the initial smoothing treatment of your hair. After the waiting times are up
you may shampoo regularly for your hair type.
- Wait 5 days before you shampoo.
- Hair must be kept dry after treatment for 5 days.
- Hair must be protected from rain and humidity for 5 days after treatment.
- Avoid getting into a swimming pool or hot tub for 5 days.
- Avoid coloring your hair for 5 days, hair can be colored prior to smoothing treatment.
- You may flat iron your hair after a smoothing treatment, it is recommended for the next 5 days to
keep the hair straight.
These instructions are for maintaining your smoothing hair treatment.
- Use EVO Calming shampoo, conditioner, and treatment.
- Use a boar bristle or natural bristle paddle brush, to distribute scalp oil through the hair and keep
hair smooth and de frizzed.